A delicious healthy soup. This pumpkin leek soup is just perfect on cold and rainy days!
- Small pumpkin
- 3 leeks
- 1 to 2 onions
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 120gr red lentils
- Handful of seeds of choice (pumpkin, sunflower…)
- Soy butter
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- 3 tbsp vegetable stock powder
- salt and pepper
- 2,5l water
- Rinse the lentils and soak them in water for half an hour.
- Cut the leek, the onion and garlic finely.
- Rinse the small organic pumpkin and dice it while leaving on its skin.
- Shortly let the onion and garlic fry in the soy butter, add the leek and stir. After a couple of minutes you can add the pumpkin and let it stew.
- When the pumpkin is almost done, you can add the lentils and let it all stew for a while.
- Add the water and vegetable stock.
- After 15 to 20 minutes, you can start seasoning with the turmeric, salt and pepper and let it all cook for another couple of minutes.
- In the meantime you can slightly roast the seeds in a frying pan.
- Serve the soup in a deep dish and sprinkle over the seeds to garnish.
(Visited 60 times, 1 visits today)