A delicious and creamy pumpkin celeriac soup to start the festivities.
- 1 small pumpkin
- 1 big or 2 small celeriacs
- 2 big potatoes
- 1 or 2 onions
- 2,5 l vegetable stock
- 60 gr vegan butter
- 500 ml unsweetened soy milk
- 2 tbsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp thyme
- 2 or 3 bay leaves
- soy cream
- pepper and salt
- Peel the pumpkin, remove the seed, and cut the pumpkin in large pieces.
- Peel the celeriac, potatoes and onion and cut the three of them into large pieces.
- Melt the vegan butter in a large cooking pot and simmer the onion for 5 minutes. Add the pumpkin and celeriac and simmer for 5 more minutes while stirring regularly.
- Add the vegetable stock, potatoes, bay leaves and thyme and bring to a boil.
- Boil the soup for 15 minutes, until the vegetables are done.
- Remove the bay leaves and mix the soup.
- Bring it back to a boil and add the soy milk and turmeric.
- Boil for another 5 minutes.
- Add pepper and salt to taste.
- Serve hot with some soy cream and chopped parsley.
(Visited 224 times, 1 visits today)