Enjoy this delicious marinated tofu on a bed of eggplant cream with roasted chestnuts, pommes duchesse and chestnut puree.
- For the pommes duchesse:
- 3 kg potatoes
- 50 gr vegan butter
- pepper and salt
- For the eggplant cream:
- 2 eggplants
- 2 or 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 or 3 tbsp olive oil
- For the chestnut puree:
- 1 jar of chestnut puree
- dash of soy cream
- 12 chestnuts
- For the tofu:
- 500 gr tofu
- 100 or 150 ml ketjap marinade
- ½ tsp chili powder
- 3 cloves of garlic, pressed
- 50 gr vegan butter
- 800 gr of green beans
- 1 zucchini
- 1 small onion or shalot, minced
- 25 gr vegan butter
- cranberry compote
- Drain the tofu and gently press out the remaining water. Cut the tofu into 1 cm slices. Marinate them in ketjap marinade. The easiest way to do this is to simply brush the marinade onto the tofu slices with a kitchen brush. Let them marinate for at least an hour, the longer the better. Regularly, spread some extra marinade onto the slices.
- Make some holes into the eggplant with a fork and put it in a pre-heated oven of 180°C for 30 minutes.
- Peel and wash the potatoes, cook them until they’re done. Drain them and let them dry. Mash them up with vegan butter, pepper, salt and nutmeg. Put the mashed potatoes in a piping bag and spray roses on a buttered baking plate for the pommes duchesse.
- Let the eggplant cool and peel it. Puree it, together with the garlic, olive oil, pepper and salt.
- Cut a cross on top of the chestnuts and roast them under the grill in a 190°C oven for 10 minutes.
- Pour the chestnut puree in a small pan and add a splash of soy cream. Beat it well, so that it becomes a smooth puree. Heat it on a low fire, mix regularly and add some soy cream when necessary.
- Put the pommes duchesse in a pre-heated 240°C oven for 10 minutes.
- Slice the zucchini into long strips with a mandoline.
- Melt vegan butter in a small pan and braise the onion for 5 minutes. Add the green beans and add pepper, salt and nutmeg to taste.
- Fry some vegan butter in a large pan and bake the tofu slices for about 3 minutes on both sides. Add the parsley for 1 minute and remove from the pan. Pour the rest of the marinade over the tofu and let it bake for another minute.
- Place the slices of zucchini on a large plate and put the green beans on those slices, make a roll out of it. Spoon a few tablespoons of eggplant cream on the plate and spread it out. Top it with the tofu and baked parsley.
- Put the chestnut puree in a small bowl and put it on the plate. Put a roasted chestnut on the small bowl and put two of them next to it. Pour some cranberry compot on the chestnuts.
- Put two pomme duchesses on the plate.
(Visited 34 times, 1 visits today)