This burger is on fire!!!
Try out this fiery seitan burger and enjoy!
- 450g seitan, cut into 1 cm strips
- 4 burger buns
- 2 tbsp sweet soy sauce
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp roasted sesame seeds
- 2 scallions, the green part
- 4 cloves of garlic
- Pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp sambal oelek
- 2 tbsp mirin or rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp veganaise
- 1 tbsp applecider
- 1 tbsp green apple, cut in tiny parts
- 2 Spanish peppers, pitted and cut in tiny parts
- 1 tsp black pepper
- White part of the scallions
- Chinese cabbage
- Kim Chi
- Leftover apple, cut into strips
- Combine all the ingredients for the marinade in a large bowl and mix well. Pour this over the seitan and put aside for at least 30 minutes.
- Mix all the ingredients for the sauce.
- Pre-heat the oven on 180°C. Cut open the burger breads and place them in the oven for about a minute.
- Heat up a pan and bake the seitan without using oil or butter. Bake them for half a minute on each side.
- Put the bottom side of the buns in the pan, to absorb the left-over marinade.
- Take a big leaf of the Chinese cabbage. On one side, place some Kim Chi and on the other you put the bottom side of your bun. Start with the seitan, add some Chinese cabbage, sauce, apple and the white of the scallions and close your bun.
(Visited 80 times, 1 visits today)