Chard Cannelloni … Surprisingly different? Not at all! It’s just the name that sounds different, but this forgotten vegetable tastes just like spinach and is definitely worth a try for this dish!
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 300gr vegan bacon pieces (Vegetarische Slager)
- 1dl red vegan wine, can be replaced by vegetable broth
- 500ml passata
- 16 cannelloni tubes
- 1kg chard, or spinach
- 250gr vegan cream cheese
- 250ml vegan cream
- 1tsp cornstarch express
- 150gr mozzarisella (available in veganshops or online)
- 150gr grated Daiya cheese or Wilmersburger
- Fresh pepper/salt
- Fresh or dried basil
- Chop up the onion and garlic and bake it in some olive oil. Then deglaze it with the red wine or vegetable broth. Let it cook for about 10 minutes on low heat with the lid on.
- Let the cannelloni tubes cook for about 5min in a large pot with salted water. Drain and rinse them with cold water and keep them aside in a wet kitchen towel.
- Cut off the stems and rinse the leaves of the chard. Cut them into stripes and cook them in olive oil, seasoned with pepper and salt.
- Take the pan off the heat and add the vegan cream cheese. If the vegetables are too wet you can use the cornstarch to thicken up the dish. Let it cool down and then fill the cannelloni tubes with the chard.
- Now you can cook the cream and bind it with some cornstarch.
- Let the mozzarisella melt in the cream while of the heater and season with salt and pepper.
- Fry the bacon pieces until they are crunchy.
- Cover the bottom of an oven dish in tomato sauce; cover this with some basil and then sprinkle over the bacon.
- Put in the filled cannelloni tubes and pour over the cream cheese and finish off with some grated vegan cheese.
- Put it in a preheated oven at 180 °C for about 15 minutes. The last 5 minutes you can put on the grill to have a nice crust.
(Visited 22 times, 1 visits today)